The more user-friendly a website is, the more utility it has for the business or brand. It may sound like a challenging task to make an easy-to-use website that can attract consumers and fuel the growth of your business. However, it is not that complex.
It all comes down to a few things. Aesthetics, informative and original content, clear and fast-paced navigation, and mobile-friendliness are some of the major factors contributing to the awesomeness of your website. The following are some other points on the checklist for you to consider. Going through the below list, you will ensure that your website is able to successfully engage customers and deliver value for your business.
1) Ensure your site speed and performance is superb
Your Google search ranking is directly impacted by the speed at which your website loads. It is indicative of the fact that users are not putting up with sites that take long to load. Speed is the single biggest factor that makes a website click with users, and therefore, you should make sure your website’s speed is as optimum as it can possibly be. The following are some of the many things you can do to improve the speed of your website:
- Seek out the quickest hosting solutions by trying out the services of multiple vendors.
- For a WordPress-based website, it is recommended that you deploy a caching plugin, for example, W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache.
- Enable compression that can zip bigger pages and alleviate the bandwidth.
- Optimize the performance of your website by adopting JPEGs and PNGs images, instead of BMP or TIFF images. Moreover, you must also steer clear of vacant image SRC code lines.
- Alleviate the number of pages that are with redirects, this will also help you improve the site’s speed.
2) Make sure to get rid of all the clutter from your homepage
The homepage of any website acts pretty much like the face of the brand. Hence, it is important that the homepage clearly articulates the brand’s message and identity. No one actually goes through each and every single part of the website. Thus, whatever you are conveying should be visible to the user within a few glances. Make sure,
- The page is communicating the brand’s message in a few keywords, catchy sentences, or images.
- The web design is appealing to the sentimental side of users, instead of overwhelming them with loads of information.
- The critical content is presented over the fold, allowing users to grasp what the website is all about as soon as they click on it, without them having to scroll or click anywhere.
- The site makes good use of space so that all the information is neatly presented in bite-sized paragraphs that are easily readable.
- The website comprises high-quality images and other media features like vector art or icons, etc.
- The content includes a clear call-to-action, encouraging the user to go through the entire process.
3) Check whether all the URLs on your site are functioning adequately
Usually, during the site-building stage, a specific staging platform is utilized. Once, the functionality and content are decided, the site is moved to production, and URLs are changed. However, this transition is often bumpy.
To make sure all the URLs on your site are well-functioning, you would have to do a thorough checking of every single URL. Depending upon the magnitude of the site and your business, you can do it either choose manual checking or automated.
4) Ensure the content on your website is precise, informative, and engaging.
Check the following about your website content, to make sure you are presenting correct and engrossing information to users:
- Make sure the content is accurate and completely error-free, both in terms of the information being conveyed and in terms of grammar and spelling.
- The contact details are clearly mentioned.
- The Copyright date is of the current year.
- The entirety of the premium content like case studies, eBooks, and whitepapers are free of grammatical errors and factual mistakes of any kind.
5) Ensure your site delivers excellent User Experience (UX)
Check the following points to make sure your website’s UX is optimal:
- All web pages on your site are compatible with browsers, across the board.
- All web pages on-site are compatible with devices, across the board.
- Internal linking across web pages are functioning appropriately.
- Social media icons are redirecting accurately to the intended accounts.
6) Make sure all the conversion paths have been appropriately deployed
Ensure all landing pages have been properly executed, the right buttons for call-to-action are placed at the right places, and everything is connected properly.
7) Check whether your site backup strategy is sound
Make sure you have a sound backup schedule and location, along with a dependable plan that could be implemented just after launch. This is how you will be able to avoid data loss and secure your website from other kinds of harms.
8) Test your website for usability
A comprehensive usability test will give you answers to the following questions:
- Is the content easy to read?
- How does the site perform across prominent browsers?
- Is the site mobile-friendly?
- How are the prospects for SEO looking for your site?
- Will users be able to easily navigate the site and be able to find what they are looking for?
9) Ensure that the entire site is consistent in its tone and aesthetic
Make sure all the webpages on your site are consistent in terms of the aesthetics and tone with the overall vision. Also, make sure you constantly update your website, keeping pace with changing trends in design.
10) Make sure your site is completely secure
This is probably the most critical thing for you to get right. Even if you are not necessarily processing payment-related information of users or other such sensitive data, you must secure your website by acquiring HTTPS and an SSL certificate. A lot, including the reputation and goodwill of your business, depends upon whether you are able to safeguard your website from malware or other kinds of cybersecurity threats.
Hopefully, the above checklist will help you make your website more awesome and easier to use for your customers and new users coming across your website. The above tips would help you better interact with your audience and further grow your business online.